Pages

Saturday 22 August 2015

Wearable Arts

We have been learning all about design on our way to create our wearable art garment. We started with some challenges…
1. In teams create and build the tallest tower

Our tower was very tall, but then it fell over...










We worked together; sharing ideas and elping each other. We have learned that it is really important to design and plan our creations before we start. This means we all know what we are trying to make.
2. Build a shelter for Leo our class bear

We learned that it can be very tricky to work in groups and we all have to take turns.
3. Work together to create a costume for 1 member of our team to model. 
Here we are in our costumes!
We remembered that it is important to design our work before we start. We also learned that we have to be careful with our materials, newspaper and tinfoil rip quiet easily.

We are going to use what we have learned to create our wearable arts garment.

Success Criteria:
Research and find my inspiration
Design and plan my garment (How I see things)
Follow my plan to create my garment
Create a garment that is going to last
Create a piece of art – an idea or a story or message

My story
My label it
My plan
Photos of making 

Photo of me in my garment


How I am going

Research and find my inspiration
Kerri thinks



Design and plan my garment (How I see things) 
Kerri thinks


Follow my plan to create my garment
Kerri thinks


Create a garment that lasts
Kerri thinks



Create a piece of art – an idea or a story or message
Kerri thinks


Reflection
My favourite part was: when we showed our wearable art on stage with our buddies.

It was really hard when:  Gran was helping other kids and I tried to cut the eyes out of my mask by myself and put on the ears.

Something that really helped me was: my Gran helped my lots with my hedgehog.

Something new I learned was: that wearable art is art and you can make what ever you like.

Kerri Thinks
What a great show Kingston! It was great to share your garment and all that hard work on stage. I think that you had great ideas about how you wanted to create you hedgehog and with support you created a plan. It was tricky to turn your plan into a garment and you and your Gran made changes as you needed to and you worked together to create a fabulous piece of wearable art! Great job Kingston keeping on working when Gran was busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment