Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

Maths - geometry

We have been learning about shapes and position words. Position words tell us where something is or where it is going. 

We use words like: On the cushion, on the mat, In front, behind, the back of the class, around, under, beside, between, middle, on top, in, through, out, off. 
We have also learned about turns and can make full and half turns. Quarter turns were new for us and can be tricky.

Task: Pick a picture of the blocks in a pattern (dont show your buddy). Using our maths words describe how to make the pattern. Remember to give accurate clear instructions.

Success Criteria:
  • I use the correct names for shapes 
  • I use our maths postiton words
  • I  give clear instructions about position
  • I follow postion instructions

My Shapes 



I use the correct names for shapes


I use our maths postiton words

 

I give clear instructions about position


I follow position instructions



Reflection

I can: go under and over and up and down to play outside maths

It was hard when: 1/4 turns can be tricky because I turned too much

I really liked: working with a buddy and learning in the playground.

Kerri thinks



You have worked hard to learn and use our maths position words. Playing Simon says and learning in the playgorund gave us all time to practise going under, over, up and down and to start using 1/2 and 1/4 turns. I think you can use your maths position words but it can be tricky to use your words when it is easier to point to show your buddy where to put the shape. Keep on practising and it will get easier and easier.
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment