Pages

Thursday 25 June 2015

I am a scientist

We have been learning to think like scientists this term. Learning all about plants has helped us to become scientists. We have been asking lots of questions and trying to answer them. We found out that plants breathe and drink water. We found the best way to germinate a seed – seeds need water to germinate but the plant needs water, soil and sun to grow well.
WALT: investigate
         Ask questions
         Make predictions (think about what is going to happen)
         Observe and record what happens    
Use what we have observed to make conclusions
WALT share our ideas

Task
Show my science learning using play dough, drawing and labelling what we can see, classifying the plants and completing the plant life cycle activity.

Success Criteria:
I can ask questions
I think about what might happen
I look closely (observe)
I share my ideas
I can see roots, shoots, leaves and a flower.
Our plant has leaves, a trunk, some roots
and there is a cone beside it.

Look how we sorted out plant bits!













How I am going

I can ask questions
Kerri thinks


I think about what might happen
Kerri thinks



I look closely (observe)
Kerri thinks


I share my ideas
Kerri thinks



Reflection

I really like: that I know how to do some science stuff like looking closely and drawing what I can see.

I think I need to practice: listening on the mat so I always know what is going on.

Something that really helped me was: growing the plants because I like doing stuff.

Kerri thinks
Like a scientist you look closely (observe) and draw what you can see. You have loads of great ideas and when you are listening to the class chats you are able to add your ideas and thinking too. Your next step is to start thinking about where is the best place for you to do your learning, is it beside a buddy? is it to the side? or is in the front better for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment