Pages

Sunday 7 June 2015

Reading like talking

WALT: make my reading sound like talking.

Task
Create a ‘movenote’ or a 'show me' on the ipad to share your learning.
Take a photo of the book you are reading and record yourself reading one or two pages.
Remember to show your learning - check the success criteria… 
Have you reached your goal?

Success Criteria:
  • I read the punctuation (full stops, commas, exclamation marks…).
  • I scoop the whole sentence with my eyes.
  • I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
  • I read in a clear voice.

How I am going

I read the punctuation
Kerri thinks

 


I scoop the whole sentence with my eyes.
Kerri thinks


I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
Kerri thinks
 

 I read in a clear voice. 
Kerri thinks
 
 

Reflection

I really like: I keep knowing more words so I read stories at school and at home.

I think I need to practice: not skipping the word. If I miss out a word I need to make sure I read back.

Something that really helped me was: doing lots of practise. Reading the story lots of times makes my reading sound like talking.

Kerri thinks
When you slow down and read the book yourself, not listen to the other kids, you can read the punctuation and make you reading sound like talking. Remember to look closely at the word and get your mouth ready for the first sound chunk. That will help you to work out tricky words. Don't give up Kingston, you CAN do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment