Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initiative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves. 

We need to think for ourselves!!

       

I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: if I find some clothing left in the playground I put it in lost property.

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: I put rubbish in the bin even when I'm not asked to do it.

It was really hard when: if the bell rings I don't want to be late to class so I don't always have time to put things in lost property.

Kerri Thinks
Rangatiratanga is all about thinking for yourself, leading by example and showing initiative. Following your i time plan and always trying your very best is a way to lead by example, making sure you think to do your must dos first helps to show initiative. You are doing the right thing, leading by example, when you put lost property away and tidy up even when you are not asked to! Great thinking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment