Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Reading

WALT: summarise by retelling my story in order.

Success Criteria:
  • I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
  • I can record the main ideas, in order
  • I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
  • I am starting to think about what might happen next


How I am going

I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
Kerri thinks



I can record the main ideas, in order
Kerri thinks



I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
Kerri thinks



I am starting to think about what might happen next
Kerri thinks



Reflection
Summarising by retelling my story in order helps me because: I have to know what happened in my story. I need to understand my story.

It was really hard when: when I don't finish my word work 

Something that really helped me was: trying different ways to work out tricky words

Something new I learned was: reading to self makes you better at reading

Kerri Thinks
Kingston, you can find the begining, middle and the end of your story. It can be tricky to record the ideas in your story in order but you do love to share your ideas during group time.
Remember to read all the words in the story, if you read on you need to go back and reread to make sure you understand the whole story. 
I am pleased you are practising read to self to improve your reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment