Pages

Sunday 6 September 2015

My mum

In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself
My writing:




How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks

I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks


I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks


Reflection
My favourite part was: thinking about my mum and how when I do her hair she falls asleep.

It was really hard when: sounding out the words and putting the sounds in order.

Something that really helped me was: using my stretching cat arm.

Something new I learned was: taking the time and sounding the words out means you can get the words nearly all right.

Kerri Thinks
With support you planned your writing add loads of ideas about your mum. You used your plan to make sure you had lots of details in your writing. Thank you for sharing how you see your mum with us.
What great learning about the stretchy cat arm. Keep on practising as you write and check your writing... when you add all the sounds you can hear it makes your writing easy to reread!

No comments:

Post a Comment